All About Tree Fern Fibre!
Have you ever heard of fern fibre and wondered what is was, how it's used and what the benefits of it are? Well, you've come to the right place!
What Is Tree Fern Fibre?
Tree Fern Fibre is a fibrous substrate which is made from the NZ Native Kuripaka tree fern. A NATIVE tree fern?! Don't worry! Fernwood have made sure that they have the approval of MPI and the relevant government departments to get the permits to source this product and it is 100% sustainably sourced from private property. They're not just running around chopping out half the native bush.
What Are The Benefits of Tree Fern Fibre?
There are several benefits that can be gained from using fern fibre as part of your house plant care including:
- Faster growing & stronger root systems
- It's a well draining medium which holds moisture well, whilst discouraging root rot
- Provides great soil aeration
- Quicker & more reliable propagations
- A sustainably produced, 100% NZ owned product!
How is Tree Fern Fibre Used?
Tree Fern Fibre has a few different uses. It's all about experimentation and finding out what works for you.
1. It can be mixed in with your current favourite potting mix to provide extra soil aeration and a boost to your plant's root system.
2. It can be used alone as a complete potting medium.
3. It's a great medium to use for propagation! I can honestly say my success rate has gone from around 80%, to 100%. It's also much faster!
If you've ever wanted to give Fern Fibre a go, now's your chance!
We stock fern fibre in 5L & 10L bag sizes! We will also be stocking fern fibre poles in the near future 😊