LECA is an acronym that stands for Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate and is a great potting medium that can be added into your regular potting mix to help make it more chunky or it can be used alone and is perfect for plant propagation.
Clay Balls are also known as Clay Pebbles, Hydro Balls, Hydroton balls or Leca Balls.
- Available in 1.5L retail box, 2.5L paper bag or 10L plastic bag
- 8 to 16mm pebbles
- Neutral pH value
- Country of origin: The Netherlands
Benefits of using LECA include:
- Blended with other growing mediums such as soil and peat, it can improve drainage, retain water and provide roots with increased oxygen levels promoting very vigorous growth.
- Re-usable & environmentally friendly
- Reduced risk of pests & diseases
- Good for water retention & drainage. LECA is filled with tiny pores. It holds the perfect amount of water and drains any excess to prevent overwatering. This promotes strong root systems.
- Less weekly maintenance, as you won't have to water your plants as often.
Tips & Tricks
Before using the LECA, we recommend you do a few things first:
- Wash the LECA thoroughly until the water runs mostly clear to wash off any of the clay dust. Do not rinse LECA in your sink as this may clog it. It's recommended that you do this outside.
- Soak the LECA in water for 24hrs before use.
Our Clay Balls (2.5L) come in an eco-friendly paper bag (larger sizes in a plastic bag), however we highly recommend storing it in a sealed container to ensure it remains fresh.
Volumes Larger than 20L May Incur Extra Shipping Fees due to their Size & Weight
Amazing, nice packaging and easy to use!
Very good. The packaging is very good. The product is equally good. Very easy to use!
Leca clay balls
Other than my bag splitting open and spilling everywhere the product is great thanks
Great for orchids
I've been having such trouble keeping an orchid healthy. I've tried different kinds of bark and pots, but it always ends up over watered or underwatered. The clay balls have solved this and it's looking a lot better than it did before.
Great for propagating!
Super fast shipping, great prices. Definitely recommend shopping here
Alocasias in Leca v chunky aroid mix 4 of each same plant. Aroid mix had a 30% better growth than Leca. Tried different plants and combinations…. Won’t be using Leca again, using it in my aroid mix to get rid of it.