Lechuza Pon is the perfect soil alternative, suitable for all house plants!
What Is Lechuza Pon?
Lechuza Pon is a soil alternative, most commonly used in hydro-PON-ics, hence the name!
Suitable for ALL house plants, the mix consists of high quality mineral stones which are free from contamination and pollutants.
Lechuza Pon Contains:
- German washed pumice
- German, light Lava (supplies your plant with iron)
- Fully coated premium quality slow release fertilizer.
- The fertilizer supplies your plant with nutrients for up to 6 months.
The Benefits of Pon
- Pon can be used for YEARS without having to be thrown away or replaced after every use!
- Consists of high quality, mineral stones, that are free from contamination and pollutants.
- The zeolite in the mix creates the ideal PH balance for healthy plant growth.
- Pon has the optimal air/water ratio of 45% water to 55% air for growing plants in hydroponics which helps to significantly reduce the risk of root rot!
- Pon also helps to keep nasty pests away, especially those pesky fungus gnats!
- It does not break down, meaning that it maintains its structural integrity and maintaining it's air permeable structure.
- The pon also acts as a buffer by absorbing any excess nutrients from the fertiliser your plant doesn't currently need, helping to prevent fertiliser burn.
- It traps /absorbs any nasty minerals in tap water such as lead & nickel.
- Lechuza Pon is HEAVY! This means that it will help to give your plant added stability as compared to LECA use.
Long story short, there are a lot!
Do I Need To Fertilise With Pon?
As the pon contains its own slow release fertiliser, you don't need to feed your plant for around 6 months after re-potting!
Once 6 months has past, you can continue to feed your plant as normal with a fertiliser suitable for hydroponic use such as Growth Technology or Superthrive.
How To Use Pon
With Pon, you pot up your plants just like you normally would with soil. Pop a bit of Pon in the bottom of the pot, add in your plant and then fill the rest of your pot!
Once potted up, water through until the water runs out the bottom of the pot. Then pop it into a cover pot and fill it up about 1/2 way with water.
If using a self watering pot, fill up the reservoir and you're good to go!
No need to wash the Pon before hand, the first time you water your plants will be more than enough to flush it through!
Available in 2L & 10L. Contents may settle in transit.
Our Lechuza Pon 2L comes in a handy resealable waterproof paper pouch and 10 litres is packed in a clear plastic bag.